The rise in scrap metal recycling means more scrap of unknown quality and origin. Radioactively contaminated scrap threatens both the workers who handle it and consumers of products made with recycled scrap metal. The Thermo Scientific™ ASM™ IV Series Automatic Scrap Monitoring System monitors vehicles entering the scrap yard, or processes within the facility, and provides accurate, reliable detection of radiation sources commonly found in scrap metal. With high performance and a low false alarm rate, the system rejects radioactive materials before they can harm people or the environment The ASM IV is built upon the high performance Thermo Scientific™ X-Channel platform running a Linux operating system to provide both accurate and reliable detection of unwanted sources of radiation in an extremely rugged environment.Optimized Radiation Detector Modules (RDM).RDM:SCU:
- Approporiate size and shape detectors in the best configuration as suits facility and vehicles.
- Critical starting point having a System Control Unit (SCU) purposely designed for a harsh industrial enviromnment.
- Rugged, Industrial all solid-state, dedicated purpose System Control Unit (SCU) delivers stable platform.
- Multiple methods for system communication.
- White powder coated stainless steel housing with aluminum door avoids corrosion and allow for transmission of low energy Gamma radiation.
- Lockable three point latch door closure mechanism to provide security.
- 1584 cubic inch (26L) premium PVT scintillators and high gain PMT assemblies.
- Standard lead shielding and industrial anti-vibration shock mounts limit external interference.
- Industrial spring clamp DIN terminal rail provide for quick and easy installation with high reliability.
- Precision cast metal housing with wall or bench mounting options provides industrial ruggedness and ease of installation.
- Large color touch screen display provides for clear operator communication while reducing desk clutter of keyboard and mouse.
- Ultra bright long life LEDs and push button membrane switches for clear status information and redundant acknowledgement to touch screen.
- USB and RJ45 Ethernet ports provided for easy connection of auxiallery devices and networking for remote monitoring.
- Four configurable input and four configurable output ports for communicating with external devices.
- All components solid-state including disc storage for high reliability.
- No cooling fans or filters to fuss with or fail.
- Linux operating system for high performance high reliability and longevity.
You May Be Interested In